Winter Arrangements 2018-19
Grit bins are located in the following areas within the village, if you note they need refilling please contact the Clerk:
- Hett Close – at top of slope by garages
- Holmans – eastern end by garages
- Munnion Road – at junction of College Road
- Street Lane – outside St Peters Church Centre
- Street Lane – near to Holmans junction
- Street Lane Car Park
- West Hill – west end in the layby
The Parish Council will be contracting to have snow cleared from Street Lane, into Holmans leading up to the Primary School and Munnion Road leading up to Priceholme. If snow is forecast it would be most helpful if you could avoid parking in these roads as it will greatly help the contractor. Thank you for your assistance with this matter.
Please note some of the important information and actions you can take within your community should we have a significant snowfall event in the village.
- Keep an eye out for any elderly or vulnerable neighbors’ during cold spells, make sure they are well, warm and have food supplies.
- Please use the salt provided in salt bins for pavements and public roads. It is not intended for private driveways.
- Keep reasonable stocks of food in the house, to avoid unnecessary journeys.
- If you move snow, try to move it to porous surfaces such as a grass verge or garden
- For school closures contact West Sussex County Council www.westsussex.gov.uk or 01243 777100
- In the event of a power failure contact 105 a free number from landlines or mobiles which will connect you to UK Power Networks.
- General Highways firstname.lastname@example.org or 01243 642105 or follow them on twitter @WSHighways for the latest road news
- Sign up to coldAlert - a free service for Sussex residents, which alerts you to severe cold weather events before they happen. To receive coldAlerts simply download the airAlert App (from the App Store or Google Play and subscribe to the coldAlert service), register at www.coldAlert.info or call 01273 484337
You can view the full Ardingly Parish Council Winter Plan below:
For further information on staying well this winter, please see the following West Sussex County Council website which gives advice and information. www.westsussex.gov.uk/campaigns/safer-seasons-winter/
For WSCC Highways information and latest updates please see the following website address https://www.westsussex.gov.uk/roads-and-travel/west-sussex-highways-twitter/
For information from Mid Sussex District Council on severe weather events please see the following website address http://www.midsussex.gov.uk/environment/6604.htm